Tuesday, March 20, 2012

My Computer Didn't Blow Up!

Hi there! My mac has been dead for the past 36 hours or so and since my adapter was a) not correct and b) broken I was unable to charge it. However, my awesome host parents Brad and Lynda went out to get me a new adapter today while I was at Wamuran State School- a farming school about 20 minutes from Morayfield. I was observing a year two classroom where the students were very.....active! It was a very interesting experience.

Some of the students asked me:
-What does America look like?
-Next time you come will you bring snow?
-What does snow feel like?
-Why do you speak funny?
-Will you pass me a rubber? (an eraser!)

Yesterday I was at Qut with the girls and some Qut staff. I learned some new strategies that are used in Australia that are quite similar to some strategies we use at home so that was neat! Aus is also moving to more curriculum based teaching-which we are pros at in USA so it is fun hearing about the beginning of that process.

Tonight and last night I have gone for a 6k walk with my family (do the math!) Coleby loves wearing my garmin watch and telling us how many MILES we have walked. We have had some amazing dinners too! I have had pumpkin twice, which I actually like! And tonight we made tacos...yum! Just like in USA- moma would be proud!

The weather is still on and off rainy- but no complaints here! Although the boys have been begging me to get into the pool with them... I break their hearts saying it is still too cold. ONE DAY I will jump in... :)

I love being with this family- they have welcomed me in so many ways. I am truly blessed to have this experience with them.

I am off to finally see my Aus friend Leah with Lynn and Andrea! Stay tuned for more! Thanks for following my trip :)

<3 Mel xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment