Sunday, April 15, 2012

back to school...back to school...

Well, well, well... all good things must come to an end - and boy, has this two week holiday been more than a good thing! I cannot believe how quickly the last two weeks has gone by and how much excitement I have packed into it! I am having a hard time wrapping my mind around having responsibilities tomorrow though... and to make it more realistic my cooperating teacher sent me a kind e-mail of the lessons I get to teach this week..... :). ( :-/ )

Yesterday was a great day to sit back and get things done! I chatted with Brad and Lynda throughout the day procrastinating on my run. We had morning tea, chatted, and then it was already time for lunch...hehe love it when that happens!

Lynda and I made a trip to the shopping center for some groceries and looking for gifts for people at home.. Lynda just so happened to be Mrs. Popular! We were stopped every five seconds with someone else she knew! We ran into the boys' taekwondo instructor..he shook my hand to introduce himself and nearly flipped me to the other side of the building.. my arm was literally sore after the greeting! Next he asked me every question under the sun... "Where are you from?" "Is Minnesota by New York?" "Is it part of Manhattan?" "Is Manhattan an island?" "Did you like camping?" "What's your favorite part of Australia?" "When do you leave?" "Will you be here May 25th?" "Are you coming back?" "Do you have facebook?" seriously..... in a five minute conversation! Lynda and I had to have a giggle.

For tea (dinner) Lynda and I made pita pizzas. For the boys we used tomato paste, cheese, ham, and pineapple. For ours... we used pita, ricotta cheese, fresh thyme, garlic, roasted pumpkin with curry seasoning, red onion, baby spinach, feta cheese and pepper..it was AMAZING! We thought perhaps we could sell them at a gourmet pizza shop for $15 a slice or so...

Brad worked the night shift last night so after dinner and the boys were in bed Lynda and I had caramel custard for dessert... (YUM) and then sat on the couches and caught up with the remaining Johnny Cash "Walk the Line" on TV and chatting during commercials. After the movie was over we decided to have some nighttime tea and chat at the bench (counter) ...next thing we knew it was midnight! Girl time with Lynda is so much fun.. I am going to miss it dearly.

This morning I woke up at 7am to go to the markets with Brad, Corey and Coleby. We walked around and got plently of fresh fruits and veggies. The boys all had a birthday party at Aussie World at 10 so we were back in time to drop them off and then Brad, Lynda and I went to Montville kid free! A weird feeling.. but I enjoyed the time with my Aussie parents. I loved the views from the hilltops and the shops were fantastic! I also splurged and bought myself a beautiful ring that I am absolutely in love with. I also splurged by getting 50 grams worth of Rocky Road fudge... about 3 bite size bits for Brad, Lynda and I to each try in honor of my dad. He loves Rocky Road so we just needed to have it to incorporate him into the trip a bit more.  :) miss you dad! xoxo

Tonight Brad is working again.. I have been indulging in the fresh fruits from the market and I skyped with my BC4L, Megan! (best cousins 4 life, haha) It is so nice talking to her and reminding myself that although this is a crazy time with graduation and not knowing what is yet to come.. we are blessed with wonderful families and everything WILL be just fine, no matter what.

Now I am just watching The Voice (Australia) with Lynda and my boys ... ps I love Keith Urban .....and Seal! Tomorrow is back to school.... ew. Good thing I love my class and my cooperating teacher. ANNDDD I guess since I have only been in the classroom for 6 days and only have 8 1/2 days left... I can survive. :)

love always
Mel xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment