Sunday, April 22, 2012

Sunday Funday - ONE MORE WEEK. :(

Hi there! 

This morning after about 4 hours of a rough night's sleep.. and my alarm did not even go off..grr! No worries though.. I had a fabulous day with the Coogans!

I woke up and went to the Petrie Markets with my family. We picked up from fruits and veggies and walked around a bit making a pit stop for morning tea. On the way home we swung by North Lakes Shopping Center. It was a really nice "mall" that was fun to look around! BUT the boys were getting hungry and hungry boys means....cranky boys! So we headed home to make salad sandwiches for lunch..seriously..my favorite! Brad, Lynda and I ate out on the Bali Hut. It was so beautiful out it was challenging for Lynda and I to sit too long in the shade so finally we gave in and went out to enjoy some sun! The boys were begging us all day to hop in the pool..after awhile of some quality time with the sun I jumped in the salty pool! The water felt great and I had a great time swimming with the boys..even though I flipped off the pint size tubes a time of two.

After pool time Lynda and I relaxed on our sun bathing chairs for another hour or so chatting up a storm. Before we knew it we were completely shaded and it was almost 3:30. We decided to head to the grocery store to pick up some necessities for dinner and...chocolate chip cookies! They do not make them often here so I thought I would introduce them to the fam! ...You know because I am quite positive I have already put on 10 kilos during my stay so why not really just indulge....oof! When we got home we have scones and tea with Brad and then I started baking! It is amazing how different even baking is here. The ingredients are so foreign to me sometimes, so although I used a similar recipe the cookies still turned out a little goofy...TASTY...but goofy.

Brad is on night shift tonight so it is the boys, mum, and me tonight! We made meatballs from a food magazine and they were DELISH. We also prepared a fresh veggie salad and then topped off the meal with some chocolate chip cookies.

I had to prepare a maths lesson for tomorrow and since we were so incredibly busy enjoying the outdoor weather this weekend...Lynda forgot to wash the boys' uniforms! So she is rushing to get that done tonight..oops! The voice is on and also a documentary on the miners that were trapped underground for 2 weeks, 5 years ago. I am crossing my fingers for a good night's rest tonight... I am also anxiously waiting for pictures of the big Hepola Wedding...come on family! :)

Hope everyone has a great Sunday! Everyone in Florida, safe travels back to MN! As for me, Sunday night tele and then off to bed!

love always
Mel xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment