Saturday, April 21, 2012

She says baby it's 3am I must be lonely...

She says baby It's 3 am I must be lonely When she says baby Well I can't help but be scared of it all sometimes Says the rain's gonna wash away I believe it 

 .... Ok, thank you Matchbox 20 fans who recognize the lyrics..for the rest of you it is really only 2am and I just simply cannot sleep! Tossing and turning for the past ahem* 3 hours.. SO while chatting with the great Ali Johnson I thought I would blog about my Saturday! She gave me some input on how to end my blog so those of you who keep reading will get rewarded with the big reveal of her 2 cents!

I woke up at 8:30 and had some brekky and coffee. The boys were on the bench (counter) playing Garbage, a card game that I taught them yesterday after school! It was GORGEOUS outside so Lynda and I put on our swimsuits/togs/bikinis and held fort poolside all morning catching up on the latest fashion magazines and girl talk. Lynda's mum stopped by for morning tea which was so great. I love spending time and gossiping about her social club over some tea. Lorraine, bless her heart, she brought me a gift, one of the sweetest gifts ever. Wrapped in a snowflake gift bag was a handmade tea towel of the Australian flag that Lorraine made, a wine glass cover that she knitted last night..a purple one since it is my favorite color, so thoughtful! Also, a beautiful Australian surlonge.. (beach wrap? I know that is spelled incorrectly.. I will have to ask Lynda what it is, but hence the time I will wait until morning..please bear with me!) Anyway, it was such a thoughtful and unexpected gift. Lorraine has such a kind heart and I am so lucky to have had the chance to have gotten to know her so well.

After morning tea, Lynda and I decided we could use a little more sun.. mind you, it was GORGEOUS outside..so we did! We sat and chatted until half past two and we still needed to hit the shops! During our chats I had Lynda quiz me on their birthdays.. I hit 3/5 right on the nose! I knew the other 2 months but was unable to remember the dates.. still pretty good! I had some errands I wanted to run, and we had to go to the grocery store, and the bottle shop for some...moscato.

By the time we got home and put on a cuppa, cup of tea, Brad was walking in the door. Our plan for tea (dinner) was to drive to Bribie Island for fish and chips. On the way to Bribie I was bragging about my talents from remembering birthdays so they challenged me to their anniversary date. October 31st, 1998. BINGO! I ROCK.

We stopped at a delicious fish and chips place and put in our family order then headed to the surf side to eat by the ocean under the lights..it was incredible! The sound of the waves, the stars, the sand.. I just want to bottle it up! Lynda and Brad are probably annoyed at home amazed I am at the stars (seriously, 100x better here than at home!) and the ocean.... but I do just love it! It is like I have never seen it before.. HA! After tea we went for a walk along the beach. The boys took turns holding the torch light while we walked. The tide was flirting with us coming in closer and closer..at one point a monstrous wave came in pretty high and we all got drenched! We ran out of the tide laughing, my jeans were soaked and Coleby was almost shark bait if Brad hadn't snagged him running out..but it was so much fun!

There was a sand barge not too far out from where we were walking. It was basically sucking up sand from the bottom of the ocean to repair the beaches! It was very interesting to see so brightly lit and huge!

Once we can home we all put our pajamas on and watched Pirates of the Caribbean 4. (ERDT holla!) Unfortunately, I still had so much sand stuck in the rolled cuffs of my jeans so now I have Bribie Island all over my room....oops! I need a vacuum ASAP.

I came to bed about 10:45 since we are going to the markets in the morning, I thought I would get some rest. Too bad all I have been doing is tossing and turning! I think my body believes I am in Orlando with my family celebrating the marriage of Cory and Camille Hepola! Congrats to the both of you! I hope you have a beautiful day with the people the love you the most (plus me!. I am so proud of you and cannot wait to continue the celebration in New York Mills in July!!! :)

As promised.... I was chatting Ali when I got the idea I could be useful with my lack of tiredness and blog! She gave me the perfect way of how to end it so I leave you with a bit of our conversation...

Me: awww thanks AL! I should blog now about today.
Ali Johnson: you should and then you can end it with the best part of the day was talking to ali at 1:26 in the moring on facebook whiles shes in saturday class hungover haha

HAHA SORRY ALI! GOOD LUCK ON YOUR PRESENTATION!!! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment