Tuesday, April 17, 2012

*SNOOZE*.. 5 more minutes please...

Ok ok I have been major slacking... I cannot seem to get to bed early which has been forcing me to ahem* snooze both yesterday and this morning.. and for those who know me well - I hardly ever push the snooze button!

Sunday night Lynda and I ended up staying up well past 11 watching a documentary on the Titanic. It was very interesting and I learned new information about the shipwreck than I knew before.. so at least I was learning--right?? Monday morning I had the before school jitters.. feeling very nervous for some reason, but once I was at school I was totally ready to go! The students were so excited to see me and full of energy after a two week holiday. I made it through the day learning more and more how different schools here in Australia are than in the United States. I have found many things that I would like to bring back to the states!

When I got home Monday afternoon, Lynda and I were itching to go for a walk. After afternoon tea and a timtam (AHH!) we gave in and laced up our walking shoes! The boys scooted on their scooters while Lynda and I trailed and gossiped behind them. I have grown so close with Lynda, she is so much more than just my host mum.. she is such great friend and person. I just love her and her entire family. I am beginning to realize that it is almost time for me to leave..and it just breaks my heart.  Did I ever mention that they picked my new favorite flowers, Birds of Paradise, for my "Welcome Home" flowers from Sydney..so precious!!!

The Voice Australia has been premiering the past couple nights so we have been glued to that in the evenings... well, I have been watching and applying for jobs so I am crossing my fingers none of my resumes say, "I WANT YOU." (Please refer to The Voice if you do not understand... could be embarrassing.)

This morning I snoozed until 6:55....haha oops! Thank goodness it was raining so I didn't feel too guilty for not running. I rushed to get ready for school but took time to have my wheet bix and coffee :) I was teaching today for my first official lesson so I was anxious to be at school to prepare myself. YES FAMILY, I SAID I HAD TO ACTUALLY TEACH A LESSON... I AM DOING SOMETHING HERE BESIDES BE ON HOLIDAY!!! :)  Anyway, my lesson on advertisements went amazing.. I have a true sales woman somewhere deep inside. My teacher raved about my strategies and naturalness of being a teacher..very humbling.

After school, I attended my second teacher grade level meeting. It was very different from my meetings with my first grade team at Hoover, interesting to see different groups of people working together! Megan and I are both teaching year six so we went to the meeting together and since we live within a half mile of each other..we walked home together, which was so nice to have someone to talk with for the mile and a half walk from the school... uphill both ways!

Tonight I had the house to myself for a bit because my family was at the eye doctor for eye appointments so I threw a bit of a party... JUST KIDDING BRAD AND LYNDA! I was able to start my lesson planning for tomorrow. I will be doing spelling, maths, and english. MATHS was not a spelling error, although I apologize for any errors I have throughout these blogs.. I never re-read them... so bear with me please. They do call math "maths" here.. it took awhile to get used to but now I am struggling to say simply math.

I am also struggling with trying to picture sitting in the left hand of a car to drive on the right side of the road again..

If you hadn't noticed on my facebook status(ES) my sister's premiere soccer team that my dad coaches with Ryan Servaty had won the Kansas City tournament this past weekend! I could not be more proud of the both of them. I was checking my facebook like a psycho looking for facebook updates from my moma. This is one little problem of having the rest of your family resuming their lives on the other side of the world...hehe. But congrats to you both! Way to kick off the beginning of your season.. there are many more trophies to come in the near future.. I just know it!!!

Back to lesson planning and job hunting..oof!

love always
Mel xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment