Saturday, April 7, 2012

Yacht Races Anyone??

Hello there! I have been enjoying some "down" time.. if that is even possible in the land of no worries! By down time I mean that today was the first time in three weeks that I haven't had to set my alarm... I woke up at 8am still but I cannot waste anytime while I am here!

Yesterday I woke up and went for an early morning run before I headed out to Redcliffe with my family to watch yacht races! There was a huge festival along the beach while we watched the yachts take sail for the annual Easter Race. This was something different since there is no such thing of yacht races in Minnesota... well not in the ocean at least! We walked around the markets for the festival...there was HEAPS of people and things to do. On the beach a guy had a spinning ladder thing that if you could climb up it without spinning and touch the $50 note on the top you would win it, of course this is a scammed carnival game but it was entertaining to watch peoples dreams of winning the $50...and then sadly seeing them crushed with the turn of the ladder. Corey, Cale, and Coleby even gave it a try! However, neither of them ended up paying for lunch..

When we got home we just RELAXED which was so nice! Brad has been working the night shifts last night and tonight so Lynda and I had girls night in again with some Kahlua and coke while painting our nails :) unfortunately "Fun Mel" was not out last night and I had fallen asleep watching the Better Homes and Garden channel at 8pm and again at 9pm and finally gave up and went to bed at 10pm!

This morning like I said I didn't set an alarm and woke up at 8am...so nice! I did wake up at 6:02 and some random times after that but it felt very nice to sleep in a bit! I got ready for my run and ended up chatting with Mak for an hour.. so nice to catch up! I went to go have Wheet Bix for breakfast and went back to my mac and SURPRISE moma, my aunt Steph, uncle Mike, cousins Ava, Emma and Grace were skyping me! It was so nice to chat with them, and again after my run once B and my dad got home from soccer training... I was so happy to skype with them and show them the amazing yard at the Coogan's house! The boys and Lynda finally got to meet my family and my fam all got to hear the true Aussie accents..so fun!

This afternoon consisted of some tea breaks and Lynda's mum came to visit and she is just a doll! It was nice getting to know Lorraine, she was so kind and interested in my American ways..too funny. After she left, Lynda, Coleby and I went to the grocery store and a pit stop to get some moscato... when we got back we had wine, BRIE cheese (miss you girl!) and biscuits for afternoon tea in the Bali Hut. Lynda and I stayed out there talking long after Brad had left for work. Had the bugs not came out and the boys needed to be fed...we may have still been out there! We chatted outside for nearly 3 hours..!!

Tonight I packed for Sydney! Megan and Kari's host family is going to pick me up in the morning for a ride to the airport. I am so excited to explore the big city and sightsee for a few days! When I get back there will be little slowing down...Lynda and I have made big plans to squeeze in as much as possible for the last half of my stay here. I cannot believe my experience is half way done! This has been such an amazing experience. I can truly say I have a second family. The Coogan's will always have a special place in my heart and I am already looking forward to my next trip to Oz. I have been so blessed to have this experience and this family be thrown into my life. I cannot imagine it any other way!

Happy Easter to you all and especially to my family! I am missing you and know you will have a wonderful holiday together. I am going to watch The Notebook with Lynda...the calm before the storm of a crazy week!! :) Lynda has NEVER seen this movie, she has read the book. Ohhh it has been just great getting her to do all the girly stuff she misses out on with all the testosterone in the house :)

Love always
Mel xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment